Changing Your Name in Wyoming

The state of Wyoming has two different petitions to change your name.

  • Adult
  • Minor under the age of 18 (coming soon!)
  • Victim of domestic violence (coming soon!)
Each of these petitions have more than one legal form that must be filled out and submitted to the court. This process can be difficult. It is not always clear what forms need to be filled out.

That is where Wyoming Name Change comes in. Our site is created to help walk Wyomingites through the name change process using guided interviews. At the end of the process the site creates complete legal documents that you file with the courts. We will guide you fully through the process from the start to finish.

Right now we can help with your name change if you are 18 or older. We are currently in the process of building interviews to help children under 18. Please check back soon if you need to complete a name change for a child.

There are other forms that need to be filled out to update the applicant’s name.

These forms are also important to the process. But they cannot be updated until the main name change petition itself has been completed with the courts.

We can also help update your gender on these forms if needed. Anyone can update the gender on their Wyoming driver’s license. Federal documents are tougher. But we can also help you update these if you have completed or are getting treatment to transition from one gender to another.

Wyoming Birth Certificate Update

Wyoming Driver’s License Update

Social Security Card Update

US Passport Update